Thursday, March 5, 2009

Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake



I'm now an avid follower of Ms Suanne's steam recipes :) You should try one of her recipes.
The instructions comes with photo so it's easier to follow especially for a newbie like me :)

I woke up earlier today to make the Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake.
It turned out wonderful as expected except that there's a crack in the middle LOL.
Before I brought it in the office, I sliced the cake so they won't notice the crack shhhh.
Okay, taste matters most.
It's not too sweet and it's healthier coz its steamed.
Hmmm.. wonder why there's a crack.. maybe because the steaming time should be shorter?
There's always a next time to try :)

Anyways.. my colleagues loved it! And they have requested me to bring it every Friday LOL.


Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake

Ingredients

1 & 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup water
1 cup sugar (I substituted with 1 & 3/4 Icing sugar)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 tablespoons oil
a handful of semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Sift the dry ingredients (i.e. flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder) in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk the sugar and wet ingredients (i.e water, vanilla, vinegar and oil) in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into a greased and floured or parchment lined pan.
Sprinkle a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips on the batter for garnishing.
5. Steam for 30 minutes in high heat.


Okay.. I know my photos are crappy LOL but the top of the cake is not burnt! It's just dark heheheh





No comments:

Post a Comment